Ery

Tinman
Dani R.R. Hermit
Pride of the Veld
L.E. Franks
Silver Bullet (Falls Chance Ranch #4)
Ranger, Rolf
The Young Protectors
Alex Woolfson, Adam DeKraker, Veronica Gandini
How to Rape a Straight Guy - Kyle Michel Sullivan I really don't know how I felt about this book, overall. I mean, 75% of the time I was too revolted and disturbed with the portrayal of rape in this book: it is brutal, unapologetic, and absolutely a exhibition of power/ownership. And, this is intentional- the author absolutely wanted you to feel this way. This isn't like many of the dark fics out there, where the rape is generally fictionalized and built into a fantasy. The point isn't to create the rape fantasy and build a relationship around it. This story is more a character study of a disturbed ex-con that continually exercises his power at the expense if others. And himself.

Where this book is somewhat brilliant is that the author still, somehow, builds a bridge between the reader an this utterly reprehensible character. Because, see... He's not. Completely without merit, that is. Which... How can I say that? Most of the time, his actions made me want to vomit. And yet, by the end, I absolutely empathized with him. Which really made me want to crawl out of my skin. And burn it.

I don't know how to explain it better. Did I like this book? Hell no. Was the author absolutely successful? Unbelievably so. I will likely reread this now that I know what happens, because I would really like to get a deeper look at the psychology of the character. I'm just not sure I can handle another round.

So, anyhow, read if you have a wrong stomach, and like mind twisters. Not on the psychological thriller way, but in the twisted psyche way. But yeah- no HEAs here, no romance. But really, you read the title - did you really expect either of those here?